Responsible for finding trucks and negotiating rates to move freight for a customer. Duties include managing 10+ loads per day, providing customer service and problem solving on behalf of our customer(s), and helping staff in operations by getting loads ready to broker or dispatch to drivers.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Answer phone calls and requests from drivers, customers, and carriers • Accept and analyze loads – determining rates to pay to maximize profit • Make appointments with shipping and receiving locations
• Enter loads in system and complete loads for billing
• Manage issues and solve problems for the customer
• Respond to customer ETAs and other requests in a timely manner
• Proactively communicate with the call center or the shipper/receiver on issues and late trucks • Help dispatch drivers
• Support staff in assigned project based work
• High school diploma required, some college experience preffered but not necessary • Previous transportation experience preferred
• Strong communication skills using the phone, the internet, and email
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of technology – Word, Excel, internet, and telephone protocol
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.