Title: Owner Operator
Qualifier: JJT MC # / JJT Trailer / Own Tractor
To safely transport and deliver freight by driving a diesel powered tractor-trailer combination over the road, long distances to and from customers and other locations as assigned. You will be delivering product in raw and processed form, loose and packaged. Awareness of requirements to operate a reefer unit is required.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailer.
• Inspect tractors and trailers for defects and safe operating condition before, during, and after trips. Report defects to the shop immediately.
• Knowledge of and follow ALL DOT Hours of Service Regulations at all times (11, 14, and 10 hour rules)
• Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skill in maneuvering vehicle at carrying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading docks to prevent collision.
• Ensure that all shipping documentation (bill of lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required in moving freight is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies the shipment when delivered.
• Report all accidents/incidents involving driver or company equipment.
• Report any delays to dispatch.
• Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance, with or without mechanical freight equipment.
• Perform lifitng, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.• Perform all duties in accordance with all company, State, Federal, and local policies and procedures.
• Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) in the state of residence
• Must have a minimum of two years, verifiable, tractor-trailer OTR driving experience
• Must have ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and control systems
• Possess knowledge of all DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections, etc.
• Must meet or exceed medical standards of the FMCSA DOT performed by company approved physicians • Must satisfactorily pass all DOT required drug and alcohol screening
• Revenue split 75/25
• Stop off 75/25
• Detention split 50/50
• FSC split 85/15
• TONU 90/10
• Layover split 90/10
• Deadhead 75/25
• Fuel discount $0.05/gallon • Reefer reimbursement
• Paid trailer