Department: Heavy Haul
Responsible for managing and tracking drivers and loads from point of cover to on-time delivery. Ensure driver expectations have been clearly communicated and confirm the driver can meet them. Analyze loads, locations, ETAs, and acticipating problems. Communcate issues and late trucks
to the broker who is responsible. Effectively utilize tools available including phone, email and Macropoint. Accept all EDI, building all customer specific loads. Carrier compliance, updating strategy with carrier updates. Adding new carriers to Strategy and scanning in packets and updated information.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Build loads in Strategy
• Communicate all expectations to drivers – paying extra attention to PPE and specialrequirements, and confirming the driver can meet all requirements and delivery time.
• Analyze the driver’s plan ensuring the plan fulfills the needs of the customer.
• Track and trace loads and drivers.
• Efficiently use email, the telephone, and the computer for check calls and Macro point.
• Update pick up and delivery times in customer portals within 2 hours of the event.
• Notify the after-hours representative(s) at the end of the shift with any loads requiring specialattention before the following morning.
• High school diploma required, some college experience preferred, but not necessary. • Previous transportation experience preferred.
• Strong and professional communication skills using the phone, the internet, and email. • Basic knowledge of computers – Word and Excel and telephone protocol.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all