Title: Sales/Business Developer
This position is responsible for growing the JJT business through attracting new customers and by selling our van and reefer truckline, van and reefer brokerage, and our heavy haul brokerage.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Identify potential customers and complete appropriate research on the customer’s business and equipment needs
• Recruit customers to increase our truckline van and reefer business, brokerage van and reefer business, an our heavy haul business
• Establish and manage working relationships with new and existing customers
• Succeed at price and service negotiation with customers
• Market and promote JJT Transportation’s products and services and remain up-to-date on industry news • Contact ten customers per week via call, email, or the customer’s preferred communication channel
• Build a customer onboarding process based on the customer(s)
• High school diploma required, some college experience preffered but not necessary • Previous marketing or business management experience preferred
• Previous transportation experience preferred
• Strong communication skills using the phone, the internet, and email
• Basic knowledge of computers – Word and Excel and telephone protocol • Negotiation and problem-solving skills helpful
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.